1. Go to Walmart.com to find coupons: Find savings on personal care, foods, apparel, and more.
2. Wait till competing stores have a sale: Why shop around when you can save time and gas by pricematching? Get any item at Walmart for the same price as a current competitors advertised price of that item. Be sure to check out the pricematch rules.
3. Print your kids back to school shopping lists and leave them at home: Avoid impulse buys that you would make by bringing the kids. Stick to what is on the list.
4. Purchase next year’s school supplies this year: After the back to school rush, leftover school supplies are marked down for clear out. Stock up on the items you know your kids will need.
5. Use Walmart Savings Catcher: Down load the Walmart app and scan your receipt barcode. The app will search competitors adds and if they find a better price for any of your items, they will give you a Walmart giftcard with the difference.
6. Look for mail in rebates: many higher priced items that you may have to purchase have a mail in rebate where the company will partially reimburse you after you mail in proof of purchase.
7. Purchase discounted Walmart gift cards: Use discounted gift cards to get an extra 3-4% off your entire purchase after coupons and discounts are applied.